If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ADVANCED POLL - works on one page not another  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
sis

I started using Advanced Poll several months ago and everything was great up until a few days ago when suddenly the poll stopped working. When a person comes to the page, the poll shows up (even if they already voted) and then when they vote, it goes to a 404 error page instead of displaying the results.

In trying to fix this problem, I loaded a new poll onto a test page on the same site and it worked, so I changed the test page name to index.html (the test page was called test.html) and it wouldn't work again. Nothing else was changed - I simply changed the name of the page.
It works on the test page but not the index page. What can I do to put the poll back on the index page?
amber222
Graduate

Review the instructions in this forum for making the poll work with .html page. Otherwise, your page extension needs to be .php.

Web page is .html, .shtml:
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4736&highlight=shtml
http://proxy2.de/poll/demo_5.shtml
sis

Both pages are html pages, and it works on the test.html but not index.html. I also tried it with index.php and the same thing happens.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Check the base url.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
sis

They are both relative urls on the same website... both using the same base url.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum