If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
HELP!!!  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Twelvgage

Ok, first off, I'm a noob and this is probably ( ihope) easy to fix. I have looked for the answer for two nights now and I couldn't find it here so If anyone can help me out and at least maybe point me to the answer I would greatly appreciate it.
I had a problem with a clients guestbook getting spammed and getting locked out of admin. Like an idiot I copied the config.inc.php file to my computer and edited the password in the script manually through dreamweaver and then uploaded it to the server copying over the old one. I didn't write down the old password b4 I changed it and now nothing works. The link to it is included here and it gives me an error page. I am banging my head over this. I tried the change password script i found here after the fact and I was unable to access even that. I even tried to put in my database password to no avail. Please Help!

http://www.tgsgallery.com/estcorpguest/
[WWW]
amber222
Graduate

So you are saying you tried Carbonize's reset password script? That usually works.

What I do is go into PhpMyAdmin in the book_auth table and remove the admin password altogether, just leaving it blank. Then immediately log into the guestbook's admin panel using the login only (password is left blank). Then go to the password tab and insert a new password. Use two separate browser windows so it can be done quickly.

It's a good idea to make a .sql file of the guestbook database first.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum