If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Listing all polls  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
poslanik

Hi,

I know there's a piece of code that makes this (listing all polls) possible in one of the test pages but as far as I can see it's for database version of advanced poll only.

I'm using the textfile version and I'd appreciate if someone would help me out. I'd like for it to look the same way as the database version of the script: newest poll showing and all the rest linked below.

Help me out please, that's the last thing that I need before I can publish my site
[Email]
amber222
Graduate

The link to a post with example is shown in the sticky at the top of this forum. When it says "customize the code to fit your site" it means that if you are not using database version, then you leave out the part that references a database.

In the post at http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4493&highlight=poll+list, there is a link to an example at the very bottom. That poll was created using the textfile version. Here's the code used:

Html code was used to create the layout.
poslanik

I was afraid you'd show this I did try this as well but I got a strange error saying cannot include required... fatal error and all that. I checked twice to make sure it's all correctly copied.

Do I just paste this in my site where I want the list to display? Of course, I know I need to change the poll path. Or do I need to make more modifications?

I'll try again and this time I'll copy the errors I get.

Thanks.
[Email]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum