If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Small problem with table BG color  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Hi,

I just did an upgrade of Advanced Poll because the version we had installed was missing some files. Anyway, I got the poll up and its working ok as far as I can see. However, I am needing to change the background color and the border colors and the general settings page does not change them accordingly whenever I set the values there. It did change the font color though.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

TIA,
-guitardude
amber222
Graduate

Did you follow the instructions in the readme.txt file and set the file permissions? The templates, configuration files need to have write permission.
Anonymous

I thought I did set the permissions but will go back and recheck them.

tx
Anonymous

I did set the permissions according to the instructions in the readme.txt file. However, I went ahead and re-uploaded the files again and set permissions again, and it still is not changing the table background color.

In the general settings, I'm giving it the hex codes for white text on a black background and a black frame. The text changes color, but the frame and background do not.

I'm going to see if there is a style sheet that is overriding the values I'm setting in the general settings, but beyond that, I dont have any idea as to how to solve this dilemma.

Regards,
-guitardude
amber222
Graduate

Could it possibly be a template issue? Are you using a template other than default? I ask because it appears some templates use the $pollvars code for the background color and others use the actual color code. Under General Settings click on Templates and see what the code says.

Default template:

Simple template:

You could also change the code under Miscellaneous. Example:

Maybe do a search here on Poll background colors and Poll template
Anonymous

Ok Amber.. I will check this stuff out and let you know what I find out. Thanks for your help.
Anonymous

Turns out it WAS a templating issue .. the guy that built the site before I took on the maintenance of it had specified the plain template in the poll.php file when I had been using the default template in the admin settings. The preview was showing just the way it was supposed to but on the page it was integrated with, it didn't.

I appreciate all your help Amber

Thanks,
-guitardude

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum