If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
alpamej
Beginner

Hi there guys,

Im just new here, I tried to download the Advance guestbook last time and uploaded to our website www.bicolmail.com/guestbook/ but it is not functioning. IM sorry to tell you i don't have any idea about php but i want our website to have own guestbook which is powered by this site. Anyone can help me to fix it. PLease i need your help guys, i dunno what is MySQL and how to configure it.

Thank you. [/b]
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
amber222
Graduate

You need to add your info to the admin/config.inc.php file. Fill in the missing information between the quotes (" ")

Example:

Around line 4:

Change databasename to the actual name of your database (including host prefix if any).

Change databaseusername to the actual user name for your database (including host prefix if any).

Change databasepassword to the actual password for your database user.

Around line 59:

Change "yoursite.com" to your actual site address. Replace "guestbook" with the actual name of the directory you put your guestbook in.

Change email@yoursite.com to your actual email address.
alpamej
Beginner

There is still a problem while i am adding a message to the guestbook, while i am uploading a picture there is also an error...

Warning: unlink(index.html): Permission denied in /home/bicolmai/public_html/guestbook/lib/add.class.php on line 80
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You need to change the permissions on both the public and tmp folders in the guestbook folder. You need to CHMOD them both to 777. If you do not know how to do this then read your FTP clients help files.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Actually having reread your post I am worried. unlink(index.html) says to me that the script was trying to unlink (delete) the index.php file of the guestbook. I may be wrong though.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
alpamej
Beginner

Guy's I still have a problem. There is still an error while im adding message and adding my picture. Please help me to fix it.

Warning: copy(/home/bicolmai/public_html/guestbook/tmp/img-1096437723.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bicolmai/public_html/guestbook/lib/add.class.php on line 149

that is the message appear while im adding the message.
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
Anonymous

Since the error is saying "permission denied" you need to check Chmod permissions again. As Carbonize said, the tmp and public directories have to be set to 777. Were you not able to do this? What FTP client are you using? Do you have CPanel?
alpamej
Beginner

yeah we have a Cpanel. I dunno what ftp client we are using. but i know our site is hosted by Ipowerweb.
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
amber222
Graduate

In CPanel, select "File Manager"

Navigate to the directory you put the guestbook in
  • click on the folder to the left of "public_html"
    click on the folder to the left of "guestbook"

• Click on the guestbook subdirectory named "Public"
  • (Click on the name, not the folder)

• (Usually) on the right, select "Change Permissions"

Click in all the boxes so the permission reads 777

Click on "change"

Same thing for the guestbook subdirectory named "tmp"
    alpamej
    Beginner

Thanks amber and carbonize for your advice.. now its woking.
    [WWW] [Yahoo!]
    duke88

Having changed the directory permissions on tmp and public to 777, and having read all I can find of help from carbonize and amber, is there any other help regarding file permissions on the advanced guestbook? Occaisionally, the file permissions are correct on the full-size photo. Sometimes the file permissions are set correctly on the thumbnail. I still have to go to the website several times a day to fix permissions so my clients guestbook photos work - any ideas?

Thanks
    duke

Forum Index » Support Forum
    Go to:   
    Based on the open source JForum