If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advacned Guestbook Error - Cannot modify header information  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
jef22483

I have installed Advanced Guestbook 2.2 and have modified the english.php to change all of the entries of "Guestbook" to "Results" and some other entries. When I modify the Entry for "$LANG["FormSelect"]", from "Guestbook" to "Results", I get an error after logging into the Admin section of the Guestbook. The error is Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jef22483/public_html/raceresults/lang/english.php:105) in /home/jef22483/public_html/raceresults/lib/admin.class.php on line 33.

This error does not appear to be affecting the operation of the page or the administration of the page. Can anyone explain why I am getting this error, what it means, or how to clear it?

Thanks
Anonymous

Im getting the same error, except I CAN modify "Guestbook" to say something else. It's when I edit the email subject or anything else that I get the error.

I posted a message but apparently no one knows the answer yet.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

sometimes that cannot add headers thing is if you leave empty lines between php code and html and most likely other blocks of php code. As well as removing empty lines remove empty lines and spaces and lines with spaces or tabs in that contain no text - hence an empty line.

I think i might of mentioned empty lines a bit too much there. ^_^

Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

This is a common (and quite annoying) error in PHP. It's caused by leading or trailing space characters in a PHP file, e.g.

{space}<?php

?>{space}

The tricky part: sometimes the spaces are obvious, sometimes they're not! For example, I've converted a language pack to UTF-8. Everything works fine except that I now get this error. Searching and destroying spacs has been a pain. I think it has to do with the re-encoding process or the particular editor I use (Ultraedit) -- not entirely sure which.
Anonymous

I understand the space problem, but in the message that I posted about the problem I was having, if I delete ONE letter in a certain line, and ther is definately no space, I get the error.
jef22483

thanks a million, that was exactly it, the online editor I was using was placing blank lines at the bottom of the file. I removed those blank lines, and viola, no errors. Thanks.
Anonymous

Oh they're at the bottom of the page? Cool, I'll try it. I'm using an online editor on my server as well.
Takara
Beginner

Why does it seem that the problems that drive us the craziest have such simple solutions.

I was going nuts with this very problem and, after reading this thread, I found a few spaces at the end of the file, deleted them and everything is perfect.

Thanks so much!! You guys are great!

I am the culmination of one man's dream. This is not ego or vanity but when Dr. Soong created me he added to the substance of the universe. If...I am destroyed something unique, something wonderful will be lost.
Lt. Cmdr. Data - The Measure of a Man
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum