If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How to include previous poll link  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

How can I include the link of previous polls in the latest poll ? I want my site visitors to be able to see the previous poll results along with the latest poll.
amber222
Graduate

It may be the only way to include a link is to edit the templates/poll result/result_foot in Admin, which you probably would not want to do because it would affect all polls.

Would suggest you go into the Admin Panel, go to the poll list and click on the poll question. Then in "Edit this poll," add the results from the old poll to the figures shown for each option.

If you do decide to edit the result_foot in Admin, you could probably place the link just below the "Total Votes" code, making it look something like this:

I tested this on my poll and it worked. The Template directory and files in it must have permissions set to 777. Do not copy the entire code from this post, otherwise you may lose your color settings. Only add the code referring to the link:

Replace previouspoll.php with the actual file name for the old poll.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum