If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AP: Problems with voting results and admin plus installation  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
mihai

I have recently tried to install AP 2.3 on my server, running Fedora Core 4, with PHP 5.04 Apache 2 and Mysql 4.1, but the installation seems not to work because on clicking the "next" button the process will not pass to step 2. I have used this wonderful script in the past on another server and it worked perfectly. Also i have tested it on a Windows server using Sokkit and still it worked.
I managed to manuaally install by copying the folders from the previous server and restoring the mysql database. Now the poll shows up in the page but when I vote, or try to see the results the address bar chages, as it should, to the results process but the poll stays unchanged still telling me to vote. I don't know where the problem is but, also, when i want to enter my user and password in the admin area i get the same thing. I write the user and pass but when I click submit it does nothing but to refresh the page. Even if I enter a wrong pass it says nothin, not even thay it was a wrong one, but takes me to the same login page. It seems anything I do with the poll it is not processing the feedback it gets.
I have searched the forum and found someone with a similar problem but he got no replies. The script's forms seem not to work at all. I wonder if it's related to php or java but i also run 2 phpbb2 forums, like this one, plus a Mambo 4.5.2 CMS and all work fine. The single problem i have is with the poll and i do hope that someone, maybe the moderators who are experts in this script, could give me an answer as what i should do to make it work.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

see if register_globals in on. for some reason ap requires it.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
mihai

Checked and it was off. After i turned it on it still did the same thing. It's like it made no difference at all. It may be something else but i sure don't know what. Any ideas?
Anonymous

I'm also having this problem and I'm running on php version 5. I'm wondering if it has to do with that? I use to have this script working fine before on a different host that was running php version 4.3.9 and I loved how easy it was to manage..

has there been any solutions for this yet? a patch maybe?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

can you quote the error message it gives you? and on which pages/what code is use?

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum