If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AOL voting fix  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
RadioStation

some posts in here have asked about AOL users not being able to vote. I came up with an easy but painful way to fix this. You can enable the logging on the poll, if you are concerned about duplicate votes. But put "no checking" on the general settings under the Check IP table option.

Since AOL uses shared IP's the script sees that someone using the same IP as someone else voted, so this causes people to not be able to vote. By remove the check table, aol users can vote.

But by logging the iPs you can look at the stats after the vote has closed, and you will have to cross reference the ip agains the host. Then just filter out the duplicates.
upacreek

But by logging the iPs you can look at the stats after the vote has closed, and you will have to cross reference the ip agains the host. Then just filter out the duplicates.

When looking at the voting stats, I can view the date, ip address, host & browser, but I do not see an indication on which option was voted on.

I can see several duplicates in the stats - I just can't tell what they voted on. How do I do this so I can delete the duplicates?
upacreek

No answers?

With nearly 1800 views on this thread, there must be someone with a solution.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum