If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Internet goes down but calls keep working.  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
NoelBlakley
Beginner

Hello,

I'm posting using my Mom's account. I set her up on Sunday with the previous version Telo (brand new, sealed old stock, never activated) because wanted the extra buttons and backlighting. I'm using the recommended Modem->Ooma->Router->PC setup to use QOS. Twice now (morning after setting up and this morning), the internet stops working for her attached PC. Phone calls still work so the internet connection is obviously fine. Rebooted one device at a time, first the router with no success, then the ooma, and everything started working again. Didn't need to reboot the modem. So the issue seems to be with the "home network" side of the ooma. Is there a firmware update for this older device or something? When searching I see people had this issue years ago but nothing recent that I can find. I have not yet set the MAC address to use the built in one as I see was recommended in those old posts, but since the phone continues to work, that should mean the MAC address hasn't changed (other wise the cable modem would be blocking the phone calls) so doesn't seem like that is the issue. When setting it up, the "automatic" MAC listed was the same as the built in one from what I recall. The only other thing that may be related - sunday night we initiated the port of her landline, then last night sometime it completed. The morning after both is when the freeze occurred, not sure if this could be related?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21725
Infographic Video Production Agency

Thank you

micrsftcomplblty

What is Microsoft compatibility telemetry? Do you need it or should you turn it off? Find out in our helpful guide microsoft compatibility telemetry

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum