If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
RAM Issue?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
spadekevin
Beginner

Hi,

My desktop was running a power supply that was about, oh, 8 years old. I shut it down for a while whilst I was moving and a few months later it doesn't boot up. Sometimes posts, sometimes just beeps. It was showing issues that I thought were consistent with a bad power supply so I had that replaced and now it consistently boots but can't get through loading Win XP.
In goes the MemTest86 CD and all at least 3 sticks of ram are hosed (still running memtest on one). Some more than others. One even post, it just beeps at me. One claims the BIOS is corrupted. One posts and can begin the boot sequence or boot into MemTest86 but reports about 1000 errors (out of 1GB). Either way, this computer needs new RAM.
I'm just curious, do you think that a failing power supply could have hosed the RAM?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1187802
Logistics Solution Example

Thanks!

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum