If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adding a simple human verification test  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
errorist
Beginner

dont want to open a new thread for this but..why is it possible somebody just posted a html link into the message field while i disabled html?

http://www.ucpzone.com/madagascar/guestbook2/
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Wow there's a lot of spam entries in there. Anyway you may have HTML disabled but you do have AGcode enabled. They simply used [url=http://www.someaddress.com]someaddress.com[/url]

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
errorist
Beginner

many spam, yes i know..and i maneally delete about 20 of them on a daily basis

Thanks for the advice.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You only just added the human verification?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
errorist
Beginner

no, months ago..see my previous msgs in this same thread.
NoeyG
Beginner

Hi there. I added the Human Verification test to my guestbook. I believe I have AG 2.3.3. (I didn't see specific instructions for 2.3.3. so I used the ones for 2.3.2 I think - hope that isn't wrong)

Anyway, I made the changes to the code, and now I get an error message that says "Guestbook - Error
You forgot to fill in the Human Verification field. Please correct it and re-submit. "

I filled in the field with the correct word, but it's not seeing it. Any idea what I did wrong and how I can fix it?

~Noelle
[WWW]
NoeyG
Beginner

OK, I noticed that in the General Settings section of the admin panel, there is something called comments password. I thought about this and figured that maybe the reason there were no specific instructions for AG 2.3.3 was because the feature was included. So, I changed everything back to the original code and then enabled the comment password. My guestbook is working again, but there seems to be no password needed to post.

Can you tell I have no clue what I'm doing. Sorry. What should I do next? I was thinking about upgrading to the Lazarus GB, but I'm sort of afraid of doing this. I don't want to have to start from scratch as far as the layout and other cosmetic changes I made.

~Noelle
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

.Comment password is for COMMENTS not ENTRIES.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
ndscott

Hi Carbonize,
I just wanted to mention that I followed your directions and seem to be having no problem with my newly upgraded spam protection. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thank you for your clear instructions.
NoeyG
Beginner

OK, I started from scratch and re-did the human verification mod and figured out what I had done wrong. All is well. It works great.

Thanks!
Noelle
[WWW]
integam
Beginner

Hi,

I installed the Human Verification mod, but I screwed it up somewhere. Not being a php expert, I am also in the midst of a multiple sclerosis attack that makes my brain hit on about two cylinders (our of 8 total). LOL My client's site has been inundated by spammers, and one has even modified the admin login. Thanks to Carbonize's reset program, I was able to recover the admin login though.

The site is http://www.treyhensley.com and the guestbook is at http://www.treyhensley.com/agb . If a guest tries to sign the guestbook, he gets the following error messages...

Warning: main(/home/treyhens/public_html/agb/lib/add.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treyhens/public_html/agb/addentry.php on line 9

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/treyhens/public_html/agb/lib/add.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/treyhens/public_html/agb/addentry.php on line 9

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: addentry in /home/treyhens/public_html/agb/addentry.php on line 11

Normally, I could sort this out myself, but my brain is not working very well now.

Bill K.
[WWW]
JTD
Graduate

This is the clue as to whats wrong. No such file or directory in

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
integam
Beginner

I will just replace the guestbook with a different program. That is the problem with these forums... there are a few that take it upon themselves to be the arrogant jerks with all the answers. I know to search, a**hole. I know to look over the forums. I also know that I have a client who needs answers, and my health is not conducive to that right now.

My apologies, Carbonize, but I'll look elsewhere.

Bill K.
[WWW]
JTD
Graduate

integam wrote:I will just replace the guestbook with a different program. That is the problem with these forums... there are a few that take it upon themselves to be the arrogant jerks with all the answers. I know to search, a**hole. I know to look over the forums. I also know that I have a client who needs answers, and my health is not conducive to that right now.

My apologies, Carbonize, but I'll look elsewhere.

Bill K.

Did I tell you to search? No I didnt! Did I point out what your problem is? Yes I did! Seems to me you are the one with the atttitude problem. This is what I said.
No such file or directory in

Which was referring to this.

Warning: main(/home/treyhens/public_html/agb/lib/add.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/treyhens/public_html/agb/addentry.php on line 9

Now get off your high horse!

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
integam
Beginner

You didn't tell me to search??? Read your signature, bozo.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum