If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Daily Counter javascript bit help  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
SteinerKD
Beginner

Hi!

I've gotten the Daily counter to work fine now. But there's one big annoying difference between my page and the demo version...
Whenever I click on "Visitors" on my page it first opens a full browser window before opening the small Visitor display... the first window is left hanging with a DNS/Can't find page error in it... What am I doing wrong here, can someone tell me the correct code to insert to just open the small php visitirs display?

BTW, couldn't get the code in the "usage instructions" to work so I snipped the code from the demo wich does work for me...
[MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Include that were u want it, to change the size et... just change the

DD
SteinerKD
Beginner

That's exactly the code I'm usinga nd it doesn't work.. hmm...Think I heard someone say that javascript code isn't processed ina .php page which this is... Maybe that's my problem?
Any way to get round this and still get it to work as intended?
[MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

weird worked for me fine and my pages r php

DD
SteinerKD
Beginner

Yeah.. and my reply is kinda stupid I realise as the demo.php works just fine and opens the visitor window correctly, the exact same code in my own webpage doesn't work properly
Could the fact that I'm using the code snippet in a banner page within a frameset have anything to do with it?
[MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Possible, try making a test.php, put some content on it and then include the code if it works then yes thats the problem

DD
SteinerKD
Beginner

Solved it After I wrote that I tested a bit (hadn't realy thought about the frame stuff before I wrote it). With default target frame set to "_self" it works perfectly as inteded.
[MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum