If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Top Downloads 2.0 - what for is download_stats.txt  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Drachenstein

Hi there

Could anyone tell me, what for the file "download_stats.txt" is used? After successfull installation of "Top Downloads 2.0" and two test downloads (everything seems to be okay - counter and daily stats are working) this file is still empty.

Maybe this also will solve my problem: actually I need the information, when, with what referrer and which host a file was downloaded. The daily stats doesen't show any of those details, and now I hope that I maybe could find these information in the file - if it wasn't empty....

Just for the curious of you: the background is, that I have to sell my loft. If someone wants to see it, I would like to know, if the person is really interested or is just doing kind of sightseeing. As an indicator for this, I would like to know if the person did download the information about the loft provided in a file on the website.

So thanks a lot for you hints!

regards,

Wolfgang
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

how to set counter woking???

i install it ,but the counter is not working.

the Readme file says
"4.To count a download use:
<a href="download.pl?file=filename_id">yourfile</a>
"filename_id" can be a number or a string. "

but where should i put to???

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum