If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How do we install mySQL/php version of Advance Poll?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Anonymous

Ok, I got one of those host that gives you a control panel and ftp access. I know that the server supports the newest mySQL and PHP4 and I read the instruction of how to install the poll, but is still confusing. I want to use the Poll with SQL/PHP. This is what I've done so far....Tell me what im doing wrong...

1. I uploaded the DB folder to my FTP server(i did not put it into the cgi-bin).
2. Open the configuration file 'config.inc.php' with a text editor
and set up your database settings.

$POLLDB["dbName"] = "painDB"; //May this be any name?
$POLLDB["host"] = "localhost"; //Does localhost have to be changed to my ftp server name or do we keep localhost?

$POLLDB["user"] = "admin";
$POLLDB["pass"] = "rascal";

All of this was done in word pad because when I choose edit 'config.inc.php' word pad came up. So I changed everything in word pad and saved it, but when I went into the 'config.inc.php' file agian, it wasn't saved. Whats the problem?

What about mySQL, do i have to create a tables for data to be stored? Should the table be name painDB too?

Can any pro help me out here? Please!!
Anonymous

Hi,

I to have a problem seting up what looks to be a very good voting system. I have done the same as the post above but whenever I run the install.php in IE (v6) I click next but nothing happens, help!

Thx in advance

Crunchy (aka Leon)
O.C.
Beginner

I don't know how the hosting is set up where you are, but you have to go into phpMyAdmin(or by command line) and create the database with the name you specified and add yourself as the user.
Anonymous

Hi,

Yeah I undersatnad what u are saying but the installation is surposed to create all the databases for u aint it?

Anyway here's some detailed info:

Apache on Win2k with mysql and activeperl and php installed, all works fine.

When i run the install.php i get the installation dialog box, however when I click the next button it just reloads the page again.

If I hover over the next button in the status bar of IE it gives the url of the install.php address.

I've done everything in the installation guide in the other forum and reinstalled several times but still can't get off first base, plz help!!

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum