If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced guestbook URL does not show up after posting  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
ssd123
Beginner

Whenever someone posts a message in of guestbook it never shows their URL even though it asks for it. I see this is the case on the demo from this site too. Is there a fix for this issue?

Thanks
Anonymous

When you hover over the website icon, you will see the URL at the bottom of your browser.
Anonymous

Yep, just like the guestbook en demo here.
Anonymous

How can I change the template so the actual test of the url shows up instead of the home icon?
ssd123
Beginner

Terrorsue, that is exactly what I wanted. Some people (including myself) didn't know the house icon was the uRL. Since location does show up on the left I changed the word location to be URL and now it works.
Hope this helps
Anonymous

That will work for me - I will go edit the templates then...
Still I would love to be able to show the url and the location...
Anonymous

ok - but if you change locaiton to url, does the user have to enter it twice?
where did you make your change so that it shows. (sorry im just getting used to php...
ssd123
Beginner

Just to clarify... I'm no expert at this.

First I think I copied the form.php code from my admin templates into dreamweaver and took out all the crap I didn't want including the URL but I left the location. Then I think I went into english.php under the lang folder and made all my changes there. It isn't a guestbook now on my site. It is a feedback form. PM me for the site URL and you can see if it is what you are thinking you want.
Anonymous

Ill try to look at things tonight - thanks for the info...

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum