If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced poll question  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Hello , I'm new to php, so forgive if i'm asking stupid questions.

OK, here's the problem: I uploaded all files for advanced poll in ascii-mode to my webserver with CuteFTP. Then I decided I wanted to put it in another directory, so I deleted all files, at least I thought I did. All but 1 directories were deleted. Only the include-directory wasn't deleted and when I try to delete it, CuteFTP gives the message: "You don't have permission to perform this action."

So my question is: how can I delete the directory???

Thanks
Anonymous

first try to delete the files and after the directory, that is the process I need to use with my free host. I think it s a security for the ftp server.
Anonymous

youps wrote:
first try to delete the files and after the directory, that is the process I need to use with my free host. I think it s a security for the ftp server.

I did delete all the files in the directories first, but it still doesn't work. I think it has something to do with the .htaccess file which is located in the include directory, but I'm not sure.

Should I change the .htaccess file, in order to delete the directory?
Anonymous

You have to delete the .htaccess file.
If the .htaccess file is hidden, you could get your host to delete it for you.

Alternatively, use SmartFTP. With that, you can see hidden files.
I think you can get it at http://www.smartftp.com - if not, doing a search on an engine will help you find it.
O.C.
Beginner

Thanks for the Smart FTP link. I've had a couple of empty folders lurking in my directory for 2 months now. It was buggin' me.
Anonymous

Anonymous wrote:
You have to delete the .htaccess file.
If the .htaccess file is hidden, you could get your host to delete it for you.

Alternatively, use SmartFTP. With that, you can see hidden files.
I think you can get it at http://www.smartftp.com - if not, doing a search on an engine will help you find it.

Thanx!!

I finally got rid of those .htaccess files and SmartFTP rules. Worked great and looks great.
Ben123

You can use a better FTP program - the "FTP Manager Pro" application. I have used this app to upload and download files to FTP servers directly from my PC. I am using it to move files between PC folders, FTP servers, and mobile devices. Very easy to use. By far this is the best FTP client I found, give it a try.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ftp-manager-pro/9n9sr72c98cm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
willembrooks

Try deleting the .htaccess file.
geometry dash

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum