If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adv. Guestbook question...how to change language on the fly?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Aryan
Beginner
[Avatar]

So, im asking that because my site is localised on three different languages. For that i want be able to create hyperlink to adv. guestbook in each lang version of my site, so when visitor click on it, he will be directed to the desired language version of guestbook.
Or maybe to create links on first page of guestbook ... however thats the same ...
Pls. help me if u can .... im not a php guru so i'll be mercifull for any helping aspect.
10x
[Email] [ICQ]
Webmaster
Site Admin
[Avatar]

OK, that's not too difficult.

And add some links

Language: <a href="language.php?lang=english">English</a> | <a href="language.php?lang=german">German</a>
[Email] [WWW]
Aryan
Beginner
[Avatar]

10x a lot for helping me
u make me very happy man
But ... lets make things better ...

[list]1. Your advise works perfect with IE and NS, but NOT with Opera ... i dont have idea why ...
2. It will be nice if i can change both gifs on first page with their language analogs ... i've tried to change img src in body.php with

but thats finish with parse errors ... so again ... it needs help from professional
3. It's nice to have links for different languages, but im wondering if its possible to create drop-down menu which output is the scan of lang directory so that the user can change Adv. GB to its very own native language ... i mean some code like in admin section ... ofcourse i can make it by simply adding drop down menu in body.php, but anyway that dont work because of cookie settings that language.php sets[/list]

Thank You in advance for Your patience ...
If You dont have time to answering all my questions, note that only number 2 is really important to me , but ofcourse it will be nice to c Adv. GB little more advanced
[Email] [ICQ]
Anonymous

1.) Who uses Opera? (<4%)

2.)

and don't forget to add a
global $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[/code]
Aryan
Beginner
[Avatar]

Yep, maybe users using Opera r <4% ... but how about Netscape 6.x ???
There is ABSOLUTELLY same problem!!!
So lets see whats happen:
1. When u click on link(eg.German) opera(ns6.x) generates blank page which says :

2. The address on the address bar changes to :

3. And now if U go to address bar and push enter on that address ... viollaaaa ... evrything is ok and lang changes to german ...

I think something is wrong when opera/ns parses this lang.php file ... but i dont know what!

So pls. help to fix this problem
[Email] [ICQ]
Anonymous

instead of redirecting with
header ("Location : $new_location");

you can generate a new page and use the meta tags

e.g.

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=index.php">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>
Aryan
Beginner
[Avatar]

Why to make such twisted ways to overcome a small (maybe) rewriting of lang.php code ... it sounds stupid ... i REALLY like nice and clear ways to do things ... srry 4 that my dear Guest ut thats not the answer ... in my eyes ofcourse
[Email] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum