If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Poll looks unordered and I can't vote twice  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Hi...

I'm running the poll on my website but i have some trouble with that...
The whole poll is center- or right-aligned so that it looks very disordered although I didn't changed anything in the "default"-templates. In the preview of the "default"-template it looks like it should be (left-aligned).

Anouther problem is that I can't vote more than one time for a poll althout all settings for the poll are so that it should work (poll enabled, "logging off", "no checking" and "logout time" 0 hours)

Since a perfect installation of the poll I haven't done any changes on the scripts or *.php files except the changes above...

If you want you can take a look an one of my poll sites:
http://areafw.funpic.de/poll/poll1.php

Hope someone can help me....

Greets AreaFW
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

You can't vote more than once coz then people will spam the poll/s.
If you want to vote more than once then remove the cookie code from the file that you included the poll in.

- Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
iowaguy

Is there a way to delete just the cookie that was set when I voted?

I'm testing my poll and I would like to remove my vote more than once.

thanks.
Remirol

I run an internet cafe and am using your poll system to get info about where our customers are from. I need to have cookies and IP checking off since we have multiple visits sometimes 3 or 4 an hour.

(running on an internet server accessed only inside the lounge)

I have deactivated the IP check and changed the 96 hours to 0 in poll_cookie.php ($cookie_expire = 0; // hours).

Not sure if this is all I need to do or if I'm missing something??

Remirol
L@nt@stic Internet & Gaming Lounge
www.lantastic.co.uk
vicki

Auron wrote:You can't vote more than once coz then people will spam the poll/s.
If you want to vote more than once then remove the cookie code from the file that you included the poll in.

- Auron

Hi,
I deleted the cookie code from the file included in the poll and it still says I already voted today. So I changed to no checking and 0 hours for locking out time and I have logging off disabled. and stil says I already voted when last time I voted was yesterday at 9am Am I doing something wrong or what else do I need to do.
Thank you,
Vicki
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Logging just tracks user info like browser and when they voted.

Go to the general settings page in the admin panel.

Near the bottom there is a drop down with some options like:

Checking : IP Table or ??? or None

Or something like that IIRC. That's what your after.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum