If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Email adress.  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
testar81
Beginner

Hi i,ve got an advanced guestbook an i wonder if and in that case how i can change so that you can write in an mailadress who was more than 30 signs, because now when i write in my gb i cant write in my mailadress correctly.
My adress is: pontus.nordwall@billingsforsik.net but i can only write pontus.nordwall@billingsforsik
Please Help!

Nordiva.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Sounds like a length problem. I'll look into the files to get the exact things ot alter.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Open templates/form.php and look for Simply change the maxlength="30" to something like 60. I believe 60 is the size of the email space in the database.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
testar81
Beginner

Thank for the answer, i did as you sad but got this error message:
Warning: fopen(./templates/form.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/billings/public_html/forum/lib/admin.class.php on line 180

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/billings/public_html/forum/lib/admin.class.php on line 181

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/billings/public_html/forum/lib/admin.class.php on line 187

Carbonize wrote:Open templates/form.php and look for Simply change the maxlength="30" to something like 60. I believe 60 is the size of the email space in the database.

Nordiva.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

How did you edit the file? SOunds like the permissions got altered when you editted it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
testar81
Beginner

I didnt do anything more than change the parameter you sade to change.
In the top of the page it says: Give write permissions to the webserver on the template files!
What does it mean?
What to do?
Carbonize wrote:How did you edit the file? SOunds like the permissions got altered when you editted it.

Nordiva.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

What did you use to edit the file is what I am asking? may be worth downloading the file, editing it on your PC then reuploading it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
testar81
Beginner

I logged in to the guestbook and edited there, Thanks for your help but how do i download it.

Nordiva.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

An FTP client is best way to manage a websites files.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
testar81
Beginner

Yes i know so, i use ws ftp to upload files to my webpage but where do i find the file to download thats the problem.

Nordiva.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

My advice is download the entire guestbook folder. Edit the files on your PC and then reupload the lot. Remembering to set tmp and public folders to 777 again.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum