If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Internet Explorer problem  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
TomH
Beginner

Now that I have my guestbook placed into one of my web pages, the only problem is that in firefox and netscape everything looks ok, but in Internet explorer the wording at the top, thank you for stopping by and the total records text has shifted to the centre, also on the sign guestbook page the text fields have also moved to the right. This only happens in Internet explorer. Any suggestions? The site is at www.fellglintpugs.co.uk

Thanks
JTD
Graduate

Well I use IE and everything looks like it is where it is supposed to be. Looks the same in firefox also.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
TomH
Beginner

Its a strange one, its definetly different on mine because its the same problem with my e-mail form on the contact us page, in internet explorer the fields move to the right.

Thanks
JTD
Graduate

It could be due to the size of your monitor or your resolution.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
amber222
Graduate

You customized to add your own header and menu. I looked at your source code, and it is possible this has to do with the many <center> tags. It almost looks like a table tag was not closed and this might be causing the problem, but I can't be sure. Email me if you want me to look into it.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I'm guessing that you are using a resolution of 800x600 as it goes over the blue bit at the side in that resolution. try dropping the width of the guestbook from 95% to 90% or less.

As stated above there are errors in your html as well such as not closing the table you are using to control the layout. And not closing the div you have used to center the main content. http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//cgi.fellglint.plus.com/guestbook/ will let you see the errors.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
TomH
Beginner

Looks like it could be a problem in the HTML then, just trying to find out how to fix it and what document they are in.

Thanks

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum