If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook update and mods  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Ok my update to the guestbook has kind of stalled and so I may just release it as it is and have a message, when the image verification is wrong, telling them that they will have to reselect the image. I have a plan on how to fix but little time at present. It's either this or I end up writing my own guestbook from scratch. I am also starting to work on the smart installer so that all you have to do is run the installer and it will update from 2.2, 2.3.1 or even a modified guestbook. Questions

1 - Do I keep AGcode? I have removed the option for HTML code.

2 - If I keep it do I make buttons for it like forums have?

3 - Also if I keep it do I remove the URL AGcode as it may be abused?

On a different note I am going to release mod files like phpBB forum uses. These will contain step by step instructions on how to apply the mod. Question is what mods would you like? At present I have written a mod instruction file for email encryption and the third gender option. WHat mods would you like to see me release files for?

ps. You can answer here although I'd probably prefer my forum as I have control of it then.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Sounds like a good idea

If you do end up writing it from scratch I might do a poll one as well or
just help you with the gb. I would keep AG Code and the URL but maybe
limit the number of characters a link can have or something or have a list
of sites that cannot be linked to (ban list). For buttons don't mind. If you
need images i'll whip some up for ya'

Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If I write from scratch it wont support image uploading nor agcode as I would need to figure out all the gd codes and I hate regex

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

I see your point.

I've been thinking about it again and I wouldn't have thta much time to devote for the next 3 and half years lol. I think we'd be better modifyinng agb and ap since they're released under a GNU/GPL/whatever licence (i think).

Auron

Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yup I just wish that whomever taught Chi Kien Uong PHP would of also taught them the value of commenting your code . I probably could of finished by now if I didn't have to go through the code to see what does what first.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

lol

Same with the poll, but i've got most of sorted now just some obscure
bits that don't seem to do anything but are actually quite makor parts.

[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum