If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guest book can not have blank  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
frankdon
Beginner

I want to write something in the second line, but with some blanks, but after i submit, it will atomatically go to left, no blanks anymore, who knows how to solve it? Furthmore, how can i add something in advanced guestbook , so if i write a message just like when i write in a forum, i can design the letter type, and add img, and url and so on?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

For the second question try reading the link marked Show Legend on the add entry page.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
frankdon
Beginner

where ? can you give me the link?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I repeat, ON THE ADD ENTRY PAGE meaning on the addentry.php page of your guestbook.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
frankdon
Beginner

for vegetable birds(beginners), sometimes it is really difficult to understand totally. Sorry.
frankdon
Beginner

How can i get all the message datas from another guestbook to my new website guestbook?
frankdon
Beginner

but how to change addentry.php?
frankdon
Beginner

i think you misunderstand me, i want to have something above the message board just like in the forum when i write message, i can see
some menus to change font color, size, add img, url quote, and so on. can i put this kind of menu in Guestbook?
frankdon
Beginner

Now i am very content with my guestbook, i put it in my website, but just one thing, i can not leave blank in the biegin of next line, or to have menus just like in a forum(for example now) when i write message , to design the letter type and so on.
This is my learn Dutch http://www.nt2examen.nl/nt2/index.php guestbook.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

frankdon wrote:i think you misunderstand me, i want to have something above the message board just like in the forum when i write message, i can see
some menus to change font color, size, add img, url quote, and so on. can i put this kind of menu in Guestbook?

Oh you mean the buttons you see on a forums entry box. Yes I have thought about it but I have yet to see a site where anything but the IMG AGcode is used so I didn't bother. Also I have removed the URL AGcode from the guestbook I am working on as I feel it will be abused by spammers. I may rethink the mod but on't hold your breath. As to the second problem I will look into it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
frankdon
Beginner

have you worked it out? Thanks
frankdon
Beginner

just because i can not leave a blank in the begin of a line, my classmates can not use my guestbook, because it looks not in order, all the words go to left automatically. Who can find a way to let guestbook have this function.
ET
Graduate

Frankdon,

I've read through this thread and I'm confused... Are you trying to get New Line Breaks or are you trying to get a series of Non-breaking Spaces as a type of indentation???

If you are attempting to make a series non-breaking spaces (like an indentation) you could make a 10x10 or 16x16 transparent .gif to use and create a icon like code that pulls it in when used..... Just a thought.

If you are trying to get New Line Breaks, I'm not sure about that - my guestbook does that for me.... So I've never had a need to look into the code for that.
frankdon
Beginner

Hi, for example i want to see this:

But after i submit, it will be like this:

But i want to keep it like the first one, with some blanks.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

O kI have a fix loosely based on the forum code. open up lib/vars.class.php. Locate on a new line just after it putnow you can place your text between [pre] and [/pre] and it will come out exactly as you typed it in. Or should, I haven't tested it. You will also need to have AGcode turned on.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum