If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced guestbook installation  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
tg_inf1
Beginner

Hello,
First of all; excuse me for being really simple! I am only a part time, self taught webmaster (although I think the title may be a little overrated for me!)
I have installed guestbook using my cpanel, then I copied the files onto my server & renamed the index.htm (as I already have one) to Guestbook.htm. I am using frontpage so I put the renamed page into the navigation and joy of joys there it is on my website where it should be. However I added comment to test the guestbook and it will only show if i go into admin, look at the comment and then return to guestbook. I've obviously done something wrong. Can somebody please help me. I have searched the forum but I have to say I dont really understand any of the posts relating to the guestbook.
Please help, please keep it simple.

Thanks very much in advance for your time.
TG
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If we are talking about Advanced guestbook then the file needs to be i nthe guestbook folder as to maintain the file structure. Also the page needs to be .php and not .htm.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
tg_inf1
Beginner

sorry posted twice, ignore this.
tg_inf1
Beginner

Thank's Carbonize. That did the trick.
Its easy when you know how !!
TG