If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
E-Mail notification and the address it is sent from  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
middleeastfacts
Beginner

Hi everybody,

When I get email notification that somebody has left a message in the guestbook, it comes from "nobody@ppp03-90070708-072.pt.lu" or an address like that. Is it possible to get the email from a set address?

I'm now using a product called SpamBunker that allows email through only from addresses that I have approved. Unfortunately though, with addresses like nobody@ppp03-90070708-072.pt.lu, which change all the time, I think I'll be having problems with getting the emails. Is there any work-around for this, so that all my emails come from a given address, say guestbook[at]middleeastfacts[dot]com?

Thanks!
Steve
[WWW]
ET
Graduate

In the file add.class.php

you find this

Note the part that has nobody@$host
I would assume that you could rename this to a specific email address of your choosing. I haven't tested this out or anything - just seems like the most logical solution - you could modify and test to see.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If you want the email to always come fom a specific address simply open up lib/add.class.php and locate this lineon the next line simply replacewith the email address you wish it to come from. You can either leave the name that is sent with the email address or change it to something by editting the ".$this->name." part to say <Guestbook>

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
middleeastfacts
Beginner

Hi guys,
Thanks for your assistance. What I did, that seemed to work, was change up, in the lib/add.class.php file:

With:

It worked like a charm!

Thanks again - your assistance helped me locate approximately where I could make the change.
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

middleeastfacts wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks for your assistance. What I did, that seemed to work, was change up, in the lib/add.class.php file:

With:

It worked like a charm!

Thanks again - your assistance helped me locate approximately where I could make the change.

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees. Your fix is the correct way as it is simple.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum