If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook Verificaction  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
lloyd_borrett
Beginner
[Avatar]

I've just had a go at adding the Verification mods from Carbonize to my test system guestbook. I'm getting the following errors from addentry.php

The test system platform is PHP 4.3.7 and MySQL 4.0.18-max-debug running under Windows XP with IIS.

What have I done wrong?
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

lloyd_borrett wrote:What have I done wrong?
Apart from being an Aussie I couldn't say. I am working on a less agressive method of spam filtering using the same algorythms. Instead of posting a picture it will just put a hidden input in the form containing a random sequence. If the script does not receive the sequence on submittal it will reject the post. I mainly decided this for people who, for some weird reason, do not have GD. Of course the simplest method at present is to change the name of the name input from gb_name to something as as the spammers send the data straight to the addentry page using the gb_name variable. If this variale is not present the guestbook will report an error.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

ps. Glad to see you still live.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
lloyd_borrett
Beginner
[Avatar]

G'day Carborize,

I got rid of the PHP notification errors by changing the error handling and logging setting in my php.ini file to:

So now I don't get the notices and get the confirmation code graphic image is being displayed.

However, if I enter a valid confirmation code, the page refreshes and the error message that the code is incorrect is displayed at the very top of the page. (Not quite where I'd like it to be, but that's another issue.) The addentry form now has a different confirmation code displayed, plus values in the code entry box. The rest of the form is blank. That is, the values the user filled into the form with are no longer there.

If I don't enter a confirmation code, I get the pop up error box. So that bit seems to be working okay.

Unfortunately, this version is running on my internal test system, so I can't give you access to it to look at it. But you can see the live version without verification that I've started from at http://www.borrett.id.au/guestbook/.

As you can see, I have a footer for my site.

In your instruction, you make reference to:

If you use a footer file for your site place the include code between the echo $gb_post->process; and the die();

Are you refering to the templates/footer.php file or something else?

I'm not sure quite what you mean by that instruction. Perhaps that's what I'm doing wrong. Could you please expand on what you mean?

I've created a small Zip file with my versions of the verify.php, verifyimage.php, addentry.php, form.php and addclass.php files that can be downloaded from http://www.borrett.id.au/downloads/lrb-verify.zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting regular spam entries that are becoming tedious to remove.

Best Regards, Lloyd.
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yes I should of stuck with freddy's original idea of the error message page as used by the guestbook where you have to click back. I overcome the blank form problem in my own copy by adding the value="" to the input tags and putting the variable that contains the associated data inbetween the quotes.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum