If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[GB] Thank you.  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Rob

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks. I work for a hosting company and I got a ticket from a client that thought his guestbook had been hacked. It looked to be defaced and would redirect to another site. I followed my theory that if a user had a problem that 99.9% of the time many others had it as well. Since I didn't use the Advanced Guestbook I was unsure of exactly what happened.

I did a quick search on the Internet and it brought me here. I found the solution and went and deleted the offending post from the clients database and turned off HTML, the user was on 2.3.1. I even found a solution for a user that could not log in anymore and walked them through the password reset in the database.

I have decided to install the guestbook myself, play around with it to make it look a bit different, even set up the image verification on it. I need to play a bit more to get it to validate but that is another project for another time. I have also let our forum members know where to come to get the image verification files.

I just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work in supporting this.
[WWW]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Thanks, we appreciate it very much!

Carbonize & Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum