If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Editting comments  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
middleeastfacts
Beginner

Hey everybody,

I've searched for this info, but I can't find it. Does anybody (Carbonize) have a method of editting comments? I don't really understand why in the "easy admin" screen, one has the option to edit guestbook entries but not comments. On my site , only myself and one other guy leave comments, but occassionally I'll see a mistake in one of my comments and I'll have to copy, delete and recomment, rather than just being able to open the comment for editting. Is there any way that an edit function can be built into or onto the existing structure, perhaps by opening comment.php in a new window, with the current comment preloaded?

Thanks,
Steve
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

At present the only way to edit comments is via phpMyAdmin or similar. I'll add it to my things I may possibly do list although at present it's looking like 2.3.2 will be my last major work on Advanced Guestbook.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
middleeastfacts
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:At present the only way to edit comments is via phpMyAdmin or similar. I'll add it to my things I may possibly do list although at present it's looking like 2.3.2 will be my last major work on Advanced Guestbook.

Carbonize, you've added greatly to the power and flexibility of AG, so I can see why you might want to "retire" and let somebody else pick up where you've left off. It's not a huge deal not to have the ability to edit comments, but if there was a quick fix available, I figured I ask.

Oh well!

Take care,
Steve
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum