If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adding a simple human verification test  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
JTD
Graduate

Hso wrote:could someone possibly post the entire page of code, please? i can't seem to find some of the code to replace...
also, is there any way to add a registration page for Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1? some stupid spammers are constantly posting poker links on our guestbook Y_Y

If you would do some reading and use the SEARCH function located at the top of the forums. You would see all sorts of ways to stop spammers.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
GarySmith
Beginner

JTD,
Please don't be condescending.
JTD
Graduate

GarySmith wrote:JTD,
Please don't be condescending.

Gary Smith please teach people how to use the SEARCH button. Thats what the stickies that carb and aron have made so we dont have to constantly repeat ourselves!

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
sunshine

Hi there,

I implemented the mods for human verification and all looked good until I tried to post a test message - no go. No error - just no entry to the book. I think I may have gotten lost in the lib/add.class.php mods for 2.3.1 - any suggestions? (Like the original file? I didn't keep a backup, of course )

Thanks so much!
[WWW]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

get the original file and apply the mod to it again and then upload it replacing the old.
see if that works.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
electra

Could someone point me in the right direction. My problem is that if I enter a wrong verification word, it still posts. If I enter the correct word, it posts like it's supposed to. If I leave the line blank, I get the error message. I've upgraded to 2.3.2 from 2.3.1, I've done the mod 3X, checked my chmod permissions and triple checked my pasting of the mod to the files. I don't want someone to fix it for me, I can only learn by doing it myself, but I am just stuck. Thanks much in advance.
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Email me your addentry.php and add.class.php files. I wil check them and return them fixed and your original copies with the mistakes marked.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Carbonize wrote:Email me your addentry.php and add.class.php files. I wil check them and return them fixed and your original copies with the mistakes marked.

If I had any money Carb' I'd send you some!

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Whoops my bad. I missed off one of the replacements when I did the rewrite

in lib/add.class.php

Now find

Replace with

Carbonize

get Lazarus
electra

Thanks Carbonize, you made my day. I was pulling my hair out.
[WWW]
Ahroo
Beginner
[Avatar]

Hi! I'm running Adv. GB 2.3.1. I made all the corrections, including this last one to add.class.php, but when I try to add a new entry, I get the following message:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONCAT_EQUAL in /home/httpd/vhosts/swampboogieband.com/httpdocs/guestbook/lib/add.class.php on line 398

I think (maybe THAT's my problem! ) I made all the substitutions correctly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And thank you SO much for helping us all out with these modifications and f/u assistance!

Laura
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Line 398. At a guess this is the HIDDEN stuff. Open add.class.php and paste in here for me everything from

to

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Ahroo
Beginner
[Avatar]

This is what I have in that part of the file:

} else {
$HOST = '';
}
$HIDDEN = "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_preview\" value=\"1\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"keycode\" value=\"".$_POST["keycode"]."\">";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"rand\" value=\"$Vrand\">\n"; //Hidden Random Value
HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_name\" value=\"".$this->name."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"bottest\" value=\"".$this->bottest."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_email\" value=\"".$this->email."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_url\" value=\"".$this->url."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_comment\" value=\"".$this->comment."\">\n";
$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_location\" value=\"".$this->location."\">\n";
if ($this->image_file) {

Thanks!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_name\" value=\"".$this->name."\">\n";

should be

$HIDDEN .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gb_name\" value=\"".$this->name."\">\n";

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Ahroo
Beginner
[Avatar]

Thanks! And I thought I had proof-read it so carefully . Amazing what one little "$" can do!

But here's another question. All of the recent spam I've gotten the last few days has been as added "comments" to someone else's original message, and these modifications don't require any verifications to add a comment. Is there some way that can be added?

Again, thank you VERY much for all of your help!

Laura

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum