If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Rude & persistent visitor  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Poll
Do You find support for Advanced Guestbook 2.x adequate and helpful?
Yes, my every post was answered on time 0% [ 0 ]
No, I've never receive any help from script creators 0% [ 0 ]
Sometimes, but I would like to see script creators answering often 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1
Skorch
Beginner

I have your guestbook V2.3.1 on my website http://12feetunder.com and I love it. However I have a rival webmaster logging on and spamming my guestbook from his friend's houses( Ialready banned his home ip using .htaccess) I used a Javascript ap to geographiccally track him down (from statcounter.com) and then copied his ip from the stacounter report to .htaccess I would like to include this javascript(not included in message) in the index page of my guestbook so I can do the samething to prevent him from deeplinking it again. How exacltly would I integrate the 2 codes as I am very "php not smart" My thought was put the JS ap btween the html body tags after an empty header tag but at the end of the php code??? I also thought i might use the Include once command but i don't know how it works so...??? I know it won't be perfect but i want to make him drive all over town to spam my guestbook!

Thanks and I love your php programs They're great!

Late
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

So you want to ban anyone who's IP resolves to a certain area from signing your guestbook?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
JTD
Graduate

Actually carb I am trying that statcounter on my webpages. What is does is record all your visiters Ip addy and host and tell you how many times they have visited. And give you a rough Idea on there location. So if you was to ban someone it would be the same as banning anyone else. Unless they happen to use AOL but hell I hate AOL anyway lol.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

So why not just go off the ip they post with? And surely your stats can tell you how often they visited?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

Carbonize wrote:So why not just go off the ip they post with? And surely your stats can tell you how often they visited?

This is true. But I dont know about anyone else's cpanel for there host but mine has a stats page from hell.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

As I said to sto pthem posting why not use the inbuilt IP block and the ip in the posts?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Skorch
Beginner

The guy has been typing in the actual guestbook location as in my domain/guestbook and he skips the html page I have the tracker on. I just wanted to know if it was possible to include a javascript ap in the index page of the guestbook. Then when he deeplinks my guestbook he leaves his IP address and I can ban his friends. This guy seriously drives around and logs on from his friend's houses and he finally figured out hiow I was banning him (using the statcounter) so he skips that page. I am not kidding feel free to laugh at him too!

I am going to disable all HTML posts Thanks for the heads up!

Late
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Feel free to put the javascript at the very end of header.php.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Skorch
Beginner

Thanks! He also has a tendacy to copy other people's ideas too. I want to to make him work to see my site.

Late
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum