If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
help with spambots...  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
CH4JO3

Ok, so I instaled the human verification on my site... and it worked, but one or 2 days later the spam comments began again...what can I do? I checked the code 2 times and everything seems fine...
any help?
here's my guestbook:
http://www.happyfi.com/guestbook
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You are using the image verification I see. I tested my entries and they both got blocked if I used the wrong code. You shouldn't be seeing any spam. If you are getting spam it is being manually submitted. If you have access to your logs check to see if you have had any referals from jet.com as I was getting some manual spam and they had all come from that site.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
CH4JO3

I checked my logs for jet.com but no luck... I find it hard to believe how someone could spend any time doing this idiotic spam thing.
The only track I have from this person(s) is that their IP starts with 200.40 and then it changes from post to post.
So... If I find the site that referrs to those posts and block the IP of the site will it work?
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

how much spam did you get after installing the image verification?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
CH4JO3

lets say... if I had like 10 or 15 posts per day, it was reduced to 1 or 2... so I'm positive it works... the thing is I thought this was actually a spambot passing through the verification code.
I dunno, I guess I just can't admit some peanut brain it's posting links about sex sites.
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Always some peanut brain out there lol.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum