If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook 2.3.3  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Advanced Guestbook 2.3.3 has been released to fix an exploit. It is recommended you upgrade. Simply download the new version and replace all your files EXCEPT the config.inc.php file in the admin folder.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
macnuker

Hi there,

Does the advanced guestbook work with phpnuke 7.6, or does it need configuring?

thanks.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It will work as a PHP Nuke module. Just specify that it is a module in config.inc.php file in admin.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
yvil
Beginner
[Avatar]

i haven't updated my guestbook for a while. do i first have to upgrade to 2.3.2 and then to 2.3.3 or how should i proceed?

thank you
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN] [ICQ]
JTD
Graduate

yvil wrote:i haven't updated my guestbook for a while. do i first have to upgrade to 2.3.2 and then to 2.3.3 or how should i proceed?

thank you

I think carbs update script will update you right up to 2.3.3. But Iam not positive on that. Wont hurt to try. Or you can just go to his site and get the lazarus GB which has all the nice built in antispam features in it plus lots of other goodies.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If you are currently using 2.3.1 then you just replace all the files except the config.inc.php file in admin folder. If you are using 2.2 then you will need to use my update script to alter the database.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
FX

I have 2.3.2 version, with image verification mod. I have problem until upgrade to 2.3.3, I tried replace add.class.php, I added these lines (like in 2.3.2 add.class):

and after that it doesn't work. Always after add there is info: NOT CORRECT VERIFICATION CODE, even if it IS correct. Where is the problem? (I have replaced only add.class.php, no other files).
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If you are upgrading from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 you also need to update the addentry.php and form.php files as 2.3.3 introduces a time hash check.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Ferniz
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Advanced Guestbook 2.3.3 has been released to fix an exploit. It is recommended you upgrade. Simply download the new version and replace just the add.class.php I guess.

I just replaced my old add.class.php (v. 2.3.1) with the 2.3.3 version as I can understand, is this the only thing that has been changed?
[MSN] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

No I was wrong with that comment and shall remove it. You need to replace ALL the files EXCEPT admin/config.inc.php.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Ferniz
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:No I was wrong with that comment and shall remove it. You need to replace ALL the files EXCEPT admin/config.inc.php.

Damm, then I loose my custom layout of my Questbook
[MSN] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I may be wrong but I'm guessing only addentry.php, index.php, lib/add.class.php and templates/form.php aer the only files that were changed but don't hold me to that.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
forktender

OK....
Just to clarify, I'm currently using 2.3.1 with Carbonize's image verification patch. Could someone maybe step me through this? (don't want to loose my image verification)

Also, as a side note, and I guess even a bigger issue! I've moved to a new ISP and setup the MySQL database and imported all of the data, reconfigured my config.inc.php file and have given the public and tmp write permissions. Unfortunately when I bring either the index or admin pages up in a browser they are completely blank!

Help!

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum