If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Solutions for Spam  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
OneSicPuppy

K, I did a search in the forum for what to do in regards to all the spamming that I'm getting in my guestbook on my website (http://www.onesicpuppy.com/guestbook/).

Looking at numerous threads, there are about a half a billion suggestions for helping and/or fixing this problem, some of which are Carbonize's human verification test mod, the Lazarus Guestbook, etc. just to name a few.

I guess before I decide to do anything here, which one(s) work best? Is there a combination of two or more of the suggestions I've seen that is possibly recommended?

I understand that none of them are 100% fool proof and that some spamming will still leak through... but heck, anything is better than the 5 spam guestbook entries a day I've been averaging, right? lol.

Thanks in advance the for the advice and the great service y'all provide!

~OSP
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

human verification is the best balance of simplicity and effectiveness. You can find pre modded files at www.carbonize.co.uk/AG

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum