If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Strange issue.. HELP please!!!  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
ttk_2k
Beginner

Hi, I'm sure nobody has asked this before but I must to, since this issue:

* ONLY happens on one of my server
* ONLY on IE

Well, Advanced Guestbook works perfectly on all of my servers except one, that is for example, when you want to post a message, and in case you've made a mistake, like wrongly input the Validation code and then you will face an error page, which says "One of the input fields does not seem to be valid." Then when you click "Go Back" link on the error page or the "Go Back" button on IE browser tool bar, it will just not work! It keeps staying on the error page when you click "Go back", unlike on another server or here, you will go back to the form where you have written something.

I'm testing this with the fresh installation, it seems like my server couldn't cache different webpages generated by the same file, it caches the latest one. I mean both the form and the error pages have the same URL which is "http://GUESTBOOK/addentry.php", the error page came later than the form page, so when you either wan to "GO BACK" or "GO FORWARD" it's the same page (latest generated one was error page) for my server. But 2 things make the issue more strange:

1) There's no such issue when browsing with FireFox, even on this server.

2) To verify the server's "same file but different webpage outputs" issue, I've written a simple PHP script by myself, which when visiting it, there'll be 2 text field and 1 submit button. The job this page does after the submiting is to get digits from each text field and add them, then print the final result. So after the submitting you will get a different webpage (result) but under the same URL, because everything is written in one file. However, there's no such "Go back" problem with this file at all.

So, this is very strange, and sorry for my poor English, but anyone could help?

Thanks a lot!!!!
ttk_2k
Beginner

Ok, I think I've found the solution after SOOOO many hours working (I had worked around 5 hours on this before this topic on the forum).... Somebody really did asked this issue before, but not on this forum, on Carbonize's, at here: http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/Forum/index.php?topic=620.0

So a simple solution for me, is to open the file form.php under \templates dir, find action="$GB_PG[addentry]", replace it with this: action="$GB_PG[addentry]?ANYTHING"

See above link to understand Carbonize's idea, thank him!!

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum