If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Problem with IP adres & daily counter  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I downloaded the daily counter cos i like practicly all teh scripts from here. I didnt change anything and uploaded everything to my server. The scripts counts great but returns the wrong IP adres en host name namely the ipadres en hostname of the server???

Why, same problem with guestbook.

I'm on tripod.lycos.nl and not such a advanced php-er

Plz help me
Anonymous

I don't know whether this applies to tripod.lycos.nl . But I suppose they could have cacheing.

When a site has cache software between the server and the client, a new HTTP header is inserted to reflect this fact. This new header, known as HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR contains a list of all IP addresses that the request went through. The addresses are separated by a space.

Now the cache sets the REMOTE_ADDR header to "localhost", ie, 127.0.0.1, which is known as a loopback IP. It is not part of the Internet's reserved IP addresses, and so it works all the time. However, with a cache in the middle, it breaks down...

SO...

Whenever you use the REMOTE_ADDR environment variable, use HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR instead, and it will work. Experiment a bit to understand the inner workings of HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR and you should be fine, if this does apply to your host.
Anonymous

Tanx, this does work. I figured that out used before u posted but the problem is that HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR returns multiple addressen, in my case. Anyway to return just one.
EricSQuinn
[Avatar]

Hallo, ich kann deine Situation verstehen. Ich denke, Sie sollten gute Tipps dazu wissen. Sie k├Ânnen also die Hilfe der Website https://beziehungs-tipps.net/instagram-hacken/ und von hier aus weitere Hacking-Apps nutzen. Ich hoffe es. Auf dieser Seite erhalten Sie gute Informationen dazu.
[WWW] aim icon [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum