If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Installing 2.4.3 Upgrade  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
gmac
Beginner

Help please! I replaced all of my files except config.inc.php as instructed. When I tried to update that file, I got this error message.

Updating db from 2.3.x to 2.4.3

<b><font size=4 face=Arial>Query Error</font></b><hr><pre>MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1044 Access denied for user 'yscr_gbxkR5'@'localhost' to database 'guestbook_2'
Date : Sat, August 2, 2008 01:51:59

I tried to update that file manually. Didn't work. Went to update_db.php in MISC Folder and got the same message.

I'm dead in the water. My guestbook screen is blank. What do I do??
[WWW]
gmac
Beginner

I successfully copied all of the new files over the old. I ran the DB update sucessfully to transfer the old info to the new config.inc.php file. The result of the whole process is that I now get a blank screen when I go to my Guestbook URL!

Help! I know it's probably something simple. What do I need to do???
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Got a link?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
gmac
Beginner

Yes, but the page is blank - www.uhigh63.com/guestbook
[WWW]
gmac
Beginner

I also made some additional updates (like putting the URL in) to the config.inc.php file. I ran update, and it said update not needed. I checked the SQL database, and all is still there. Every page is blank in the browser. So, I'm not getting something properly initiated??!!
[WWW]
gmac
Beginner

Carbonize,

What do you want me to do to help you help me? I can send my file, give you access to my server, etc. Just let me know, and I'll be glad to respond. I really need to get this working!!

Thanks in advance.
[WWW]
gmac
Beginner

I don't really know who Carbonize is. But, I kept the faith and trusted him with my secret sign-on info, etc. He did not let me down! He worked his magic to bail me out of a very tough situation with my newly-updated AdvancedGuestbook.

I will be eternally grateful! Thank you Carbonize for going "above and beyond!" :o
[WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum