If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
"Cannot connect to database" installation issue  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
novascott
Beginner

The question posted by Trey on Sun Feb 05, 2006, almost answered my question, but not quite. He posted a follow-up before his question was answered and said, "I somehow managed to miss step 1." I don't know which step one he was talking about.

When I try to install the guestbook using "the script 'install.php' -> http://www.yourDomain.com/guestbook/install.php" method, I get the following error message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/.rebeque/wrangler4ha/fourhorsemenoftheapocalypse.net/guestbook/install.php on line 258
Cannot connect to database

MySQL Error : Cannot connect to database
Error Number: 2002 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Date : Mon, September 22, 2008 22:26:47
IP : 98.218.144.213
Browser : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008091620 Firefox/3.0.2
Referer : http://www.fourhorsemenoftheapocalypse.net/guestbook/install.php
PHP Version : 5.2.6
Server : Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 Phusion_Passenger/2.0.3 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2
Server Name : www.fourhorsemenoftheapocalypse.net

I don't understand where this ".rebeque" in my URL is coming from, as it's clearly not part of it, and of course I have no idea if that's part of the issue or not.

It might be easier for me just to set up the database by hand. I know what the tables are, but can't seem to find the fields that belong to each of them.

Do you think you may be able to help me resolve this problem?
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Sounds like a problem on the server. Speak to your hosts.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum