If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Spam. Please help me  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
ToRmEnTeD

Hello. I am the owner of www.tormented.tv . I am using version 2.4.3 of the guestbook software I have had my guestbook up for about a year now and have had very little issues with it. was able to get it matching my site beautifuly and have been very happy with it. I have however over the year had a few spam bots find it and place adds even tho i have links and stuff disabled they still post. Its not been a problem ..Just 1 or 2 a month but my site must be getting more hits because now i am getting over 20-30 a day! I installed the MOD today with hopes of getting this problem solved and within an hour of installing the MOD i had 2 spam post...So this is telling me that my spammer is human and not a bot right?
Is there a way to make another question mod but have it have a drop down menu with yes or no answer and have the wrong answer as the defult? If its a bot it seems that way would work more of the time.
Anyways if its a human using proxies how can i make it less attractive to the spammers? Is there a way to make it auto ban ANYONE that places a URL in the msg area ?
Theres gotta be something that can be done. Im going to end up having to either close the guestbook or make it a password and thats just dumb.
If anyone can help me PLEASE do so i would greatly apprecate your time
ToRmEnTeD
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

As I said in the other thread have a look at Lazarus. I added more anti spam layers as well as entry moderation. There is also URL limiting.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum