If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll 3.0?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
tcmw
Beginner

Where can I find Advanced Poll 3.0? I saw on SimpleScripts.com they list AP 3.0 and would like to install the newest version.

Note: I tried installing version 2.0.9, uploaded all files in the right spot, edited the config file with the db name, etc

But after installation I went to login in with my username and password it wouldn't accept my credentials. I guess it would refresh the page or something with the username/passwords reset (blank) or it would say the stuff is incorrect. Can't remember which one.

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You will always find the latest version here. There was a problem where at one point the installer for Advanced Poll was saying 3 when it is actually 2.0.9. This was rectified.

As to the update did you put in the exact same credentials as you had been using previously? Might also be worth checking all files uploaded correctly.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
tcmw
Beginner

I have never used AP before so it's a fresh installation.

I reinstalled everything and made sure everything was uploaded in the right spot and created a new database. Installation went fine... I created a new username and password for AP (when that page came up).

I went to (myurl. com/poll/admin) to log into the script... entered my credentials exactly how I registered (made sure I was case sensitive) but it still says I have the wrong username or password.

I am stumped here... can you help me out?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Sure you are not confusing the polls username and password with the database one?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
tcmw
Beginner

Absolutely positive. It said to create a username and password for the admin and I did that... said thanks for installing AP and to be sure to delete the install files which I did. Clicked done and tried to log into the admin section at /poll/admin/index.php and it always says my username and/or password is incorrect.... but it really isn't.

Also tried deleting my cookies and that didn't work... also tried logging in on a different computer and that didn't work either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/10/2012 22:45:33

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Are you able to check the database with something like phpMyAdmin ?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
tcmw
Beginner

Yep
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Check the admin table and see if the username is set to what you are expecting it to be.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
tcmw
Beginner

Not 100% sure where the admin table is but I clicked on the poll_user table and it shows 1 user ID and the username I registered with. The userpassword on the other hand is a super long code and not the one I registered with... maybe it's an encryption code or something.... I tried to enter that one just to see if it worked and it doesn't.

What else should I try?

The installation instructions in the readme file were rather simple... not sure if I need to chmod any of the folders/files?

I would really like to use this poll but I'm getting frustrated.
tcmw
Beginner

Before I manually installed.... I even tried to install via Fantastico (ver. 2.0.3 I think) and I remember I had the same problem then.

I couldn't log into the admin panel.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The table you need to look at is poll_user and check what username is set to.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
tcmw
Beginner

ok that shows the exact username I registered with...
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

OK put your password in to an MD5 hash generaotr and see if the password in the database matches the MD5 hash. You could use a site like http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php or http://www.md5hashgenerator.com/

Carbonize

get Lazarus
tcmw
Beginner

Yes, it does match.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Your username is just letters and/or numbers yes?

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum