If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: luis carlos
Forum Index » Profile for luis carlos » Messages posted by luis carlos
I have to confess that I'm still having problems with the text version, even after following all instructions above and in the readme.txt.
Does anybody know what permitions have to have the /admin and the /poll directories ?
The message bellow comes as soon as I access the /admin/index.php page, and it shows that permition problems still occur in my setup.
Will appreciate any help.

Warning: stat failed for /www/htmldocs/jarinet/poll/lang/english.php (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /www/htmldocs/jarinet/poll/admin/common.inc.php on line 41
I made some progress after finding all directories...
With the db version, it seems that MySql has no permition to deal with this system in the area the system wants.
With the text version: The browser can't find the "admin.php" file. I couln't find it into the download area neither.
Is there anybody who can give me some clues ?
Best regards.

-------------------
Warning: Host 'black.jarinet.com.br' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /xxxxxxx/pollphp/db/install.php on line 666
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host 'black.jarinet.com.br' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /xxxxxxx/pollphp/db/install.php on line 666
Warning: Host 'black.jarinet.com.br' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /xxxxxx/pollphp/db/include/class_mysql.php on line 30
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host 'black.jarinet.com.br' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /xxxxxxxx/pollphp/db/include/class_mysql.php on line 30

Connection Error
----------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 1044 Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'jarivoto'
Date : Mon, March 25, 2002 15:06:37
IP : 200.171.212.221
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT)
Referer :
PHP Version : 4.1.1
Server : Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) (Conectiva/Linux) PHP/4.1.1 mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6a
Server Name : black.jarinet.com.br
Script Name : /pollphp/db/install.php
I'm sorry. In part, it was my fault.

Anyone who will istall Advanced Poll:

Pay attention to WinZip "extract" function. Some times it will unpack everything into just one directory, which will make all the troubles.

Use Winrar instead. it will automatically create all subdirectories and then one can see the structure of the system and problems like this one of mine will be avoided.....

:lol:
Advanced Poll seems to be a wonderfull software package, but, there is no installation support (or maybe it is hidden somewhere I can't find...), and I can't get off the ground with missing files and directories at the installation procedure (install.php)
Please can any one offer me any help ?
I may also say that this site is very well constructed, but the issues should be sorted by subject, so one could find answers to the problems more easily.
Best regards
:!:

Forum Index » Profile for luis carlos » Messages posted by luis carlos
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum