If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: JTD
Forum Index » Profile for JTD » Messages posted by JTD
DO not know if there is in AVG. But there is in Lazarus.
dirab51 wrote:there is some modification so that the messages were not published, until the administrator approves it.?

Yes there is. It is called Lazarus Guestbook. Check out my signature for the link.
repowers wrote:Have what I believe is the latest install - 2.4.3 -- though some of my pages still say 2.4.1 at the bottom, presumably from held-over templates thta I didn't replace.

www.builtstlouis.net/guestbook/

Anyway, when I try to leave a comment on someone's entry, I get back the old favorite "One of the input fields does not seem to be valid." It was working before I upgraded!

Try fully updating. Or reinstall everything except your current config.php file.
That means that your config.php file is not configured to reflect your database information. IE login password database name. Example below.

$GB_DB['dbName'] = 'xxxxxx'; // The name of your MySQL Database

$GB_DB['host'] = 'localhost'; // The server your database is on. Localhost is usualy correct

$GB_DB['user'] = 'xxxxxx'; // Your MySQL username

$GB_DB['pass'] = 'xxxxxxxx'; // Your MySQL password
Looks to me like you don't even have your guestbook config file setup correctly. Why don't you upgrade to Lazarus Guestbook and be done with it.
Nope it is gone now. Since that also erases the database info. Unless you made a backup of your database right after the post it is gone.
You have been hacked. I would suggest updating or switching to Lazarus Guestbook.
There is sorta something like that. But only with Lazarus Guestbook
rilakkuma wrote:Hello

How can I add links to the drop down menu feature on the Advanced Guestbook 2.4.1?

Thank you.

Very easy. You do a search for DROP DOWN MENU as there is a very extensive post on that very subject here.
Why don't you just go to tiny url and it will shorten the link for you. Example below.

This link -> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=rogers&state=ar&zipcode=

Turns into this using tiny url -> http://tinyurl.com/2kphvt
mlibkind wrote:I put the background image code and the "no index meta tag" in header.php and it worked well.

I still can't find the file that contains the code for the text "Thank you for stopping by my site. Here you can leave your mark." which is the text that I want to modify.

Marcus

It is in your lang/english.php File
udovich wrote:Also, in 'Easy Admin' you cant delete or edit the sub-comment. Is there a way of doing this please?

Have somebody solved the above mentioned problem?

Thanks for replying

Yea it is a feature in Lazarus.
The bad thing about blocking an AOL proxy is. Most generally you will block all AOL users since they all go thru the same proxy.
you know if the owner of this site would take the time to so just a little work to these forums. We would not have to put up with this SPAM crap on a daily basis!
Instead of this myname@here.com;othername@here.com use this format

myname@here.com,othername@here.com you separate with a comma,,,,

Forum Index » Profile for JTD » Messages posted by JTD
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum