If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: JoniMueller
Forum Index » Profile for JoniMueller » Messages posted by JoniMueller
I have installed Advanced Poll at two different domains. One works perfectly; the other doesn't.

Both were installed using the Fantastico Installer from the CPanel.

When I put this code in the desired web page, it spits the CODE back, not the poll:

This occurs if I just create a blank page or if I try to make it part of a WordPress (PHP blog software) post. I do have this code snippet at the very top, above the HTML tag in both the index.php page (the WordPress template) and on the separate page I made for the poll.

The ONLY way I could get the darn thing to work was to put THIS code on a SEPARATE page and just link to it, which is not what I wanted to do.

This poll page on my other domain works fine.

Z Club of Houston: working Advanced Poll survey

Also, on the poll at my jonimueller.com site, why is the date and a link to the poll displayed? Can I edit this out so it looks like the poll at the zclubofhouston.com site?

Here's the link to the page I was able to get working:
My Lame Poll

Here's the WordPress blog entry where I'd rather have it displayed INLINE rather than a LINK:

My entry linking to the poll

Thanks for any advice. I just don't understand why it works fine on one web site and not on the other when both websites are using the same web host, same servers, etc.
[/url]

Forum Index » Profile for JoniMueller » Messages posted by JoniMueller
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum