If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: trekker9876
Forum Index » Profile for trekker9876 » Messages posted by trekker9876
freddie wrote:You need to determine the root directory for scan to work, and it does work!

look for my post on how to find root directory posted 2nd August 2004

in what category did you post? what has "look for the root dir" have to do with making the scan work?
thanks people! that one line makes it work and cancels out 3 weeks of trying different codes without success! thanks!!

Jeff
Eddivegas wrote:Oh, here's the url to my guestbook -

www.madbeats.com/jedwards

please help as soon as possible.

the problem is you must add the index.php at the end (or the exact url of your guestbook). this fixed my problem.

jeff
OK, I have advanced poll 202 up and running perfectly. I now want to upgrade to the newer 203 version. Is it possible to do this without losing my current polls and information?

are there just a couple files I could overwright?
thanks
Anonymous wrote:hey thanks to whoever wrote this, this is what i needed. the templates would be useless without this so i dont know why they dont include in this in their manual

I concur, I think this is exactly what I was looking for... now to test it
thanks!
Auron wrote:for the popup look at the demo polls on this site.
you can't choose multiple options.

- Auron

I have tried this but cant get anything to work. the coding is so different.
mine is (include poll"random") but the demos are about 30 lines and the templates are even longer - header, footer, loop, and I dont understand what I need to change.

More help please
Hi there! I have installed the poll and it works perfectly. However, I would like the results to pop up instead of reloading the page. I cannot figure out how to do this. Every time I copy the info from the help area it just screws everything up.

Also is there a way to allow users to select multiple options on the same poll??

Please help!
thanks!
Jeff
Anonymous wrote:Change the table width in the General Settings.

this only works for the "pre-poll" but once a user has voted, then how do you change that?
Anonymous wrote:
trekker9876 wrote:
you have to use the control panel to create the file id's
I am currently using a similar script which works VERY well but you have to add each file in, I was hoping this script would find them all for me!!

Hey there, I'd forgotten this old thread (its been about a year) I finally gave up on the counter and went to HTMLfixIT.com and got their counter. Easy to use and I didn't have to enter all the files into the list.

Thanks for the help anyway -- nice to see someone finally answered!

Mark

thanks, I went to that site and have their downloader so I will check it out.
Jeff
Anonymous wrote:remove the trailing slash from the var $base_dir

$base_dir = "/home/public_html/vesnin/provale/txt";

OK, I am having the same trouble... no trailing slash but it still wont scan the directories!
Mark_Magill wrote:

I have another problem, though, in that I just can't seem to figure out how to put the counter into use. The instructions say,

"To count a download use: <a href="download.pl?file=file_id">file</a>

Would somone PLEASE tell me what to put there to download a file called worry.zip located at (here's the full path) www.wordforlife.com/files/public/mp3/sermons/worry.zip

Or do I have to use the administration utility to assign them file ID's?

you have to use the control panel to create the file id's
I am currently using a similar script which works VERY well but you have to add each file in, I was hoping this script would find them all for me!!
I have the top downloads installed and working at my
/cgi-bin/download directory
I have my downloads in
download/
download/movies
download/sounds
download/etc

without adding all 500 downloads manually again, how can I get this program to scan all the downloads???

thanks

Jeff
Imperious wrote:I have the same problem with the Advanced Guestbook. Please help!!!!

Mike

the user/pass is in the readme file
Diamax wrote:Well, now my guestbook is up and running... for the rest of the day.
However by putting "index.php" at the end of the url doesn't solve the problem. I already tried this: http://acasa.redirectme.net/index.php

Thank You!

Hi, I would double check your settings in the admin panel... I had to set the url to my FULL url address, not just /poll

jeff
Brianr wrote:Yeah and I don't know why some sites will not load properly without it.

Generally, as you know, when you call a directory like "www.yourdomain.com/guestbook" it defaults to the index file in the directory. In the cases where the images aren't showing, the index file is opening but the paths to the images are wrong.

May be something to do with server set up?

I changed this and it works perfectly now! Thats so weird! but at least that takes care of my guestbook issue...

Now just the poll issue

Forum Index » Profile for trekker9876 » Messages posted by trekker9876
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum