If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: mastersmurfie
Forum Index » Profile for mastersmurfie » Messages posted by mastersmurfie
@carbonize...

Thanks for the tip about the marquee...(I changed it)

As for the frames on the site, I realize all those things, but this one is just a local small town site-not concerned with search engines being able to find it (yet), and I'm still very much a novice when it comes to webpage design. Maybe someday down the road, I'll change it.

Anyways, thanks again for the updated code.

mastersmurfie
Carbonize wrote:Sounds like you either need to use frames (yuck)

What's wrong with frames? I use them at our site www.faithtabernacleupc.net and no complaints yet . And it gives the site a more uniform "appearance". (guestbook link at the top...)

mastersmurfie
Please disregard my previous question. I finally found the answer.

Thanks again to all that helped

mastersmurfie
Now it seems that I've run in to another snag. I want to use my own "E-mail Notification Message". No problem changing the message in the General Options, however it seems that it is limited to a certain number of characters.

I have tried changing the panel_main.php:

<tr bgcolor="#f7f7f7">
<td width=50% valign=top>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>E-mail Notification Message</b></font><br>
<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">You can customize the exact wording for the message.
Edit the wording in the box to the right.</font>
</td>
<td width=50% valign=top>
<textarea rows="30" cols="40" wrap="virtual" name="notify_mes"><?php echo $this->VARS["notify_mes"]; ?></textarea>
</td>
</tr>

and can get the text area itself bigger, but no matter what I put, it seems it is limited to 121 characters. I assume (probably incorrectly)it has something to do with this: "$this->VARS["notify_mes"]; " ?????

but cannot find where to change this value.
@Carbonize

Actually, no, I didn't. It goes to the "error page" and tells me to go back and make changes and submit again.

I'm still very new to this... and wasn't sure where to do that part. I'll mess around with that over the weekend, and see if I can pinpoint where it is.

mastersmurfie
Trevor wrote:Try this post...

<<<http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2877>>>.

You should be able to figure a solution, if not, post a message or email to guestbook at kahlil dot org and I'll try and look at it over the weekend.

Trevor

Trevor, thanks so much. A lot easier than I thought it would be. E-mail is now a required field in my guestbook.

thanks again,

mastersmurfie
Thanks Trevor. I'll play with it over the weekend and see what I can come up with.

mastersmurfie
for what it's worth, I was able to change the font color of the "Sign the Guestbook" and "Administration" (ver 2.3.1) in the body.php. In that same file, I have changed the font color of the of

<td width="56%" class="font2">$TPL[GB_TIME]<br><font color="0000ff">$LANG[BookMess6]</td>

just put the font color tag before the $LANG

I guess it would work for the "number of entries" and such also...

just a thought

mastersmurfie
Hi all...back again with another delimma I hope someone can help me with. I have searched for an answer to this, but maybe I haven't made my searches clear.

I am looking for a way to make the email address in the "add entry" a required field, just like the "name" and the "your message" fields. I figured how to add the "*" next to it (E-Mail), but can't figure out where I need to make it required.

Any and all help much appreciated! If this has been answered before, please point me in the right direction.

thanks,

mastersmurfie
Carbonize wrote:
and replace <".$this->name."> $from_email with the email address you want them sent from. Mine looks like this

@Carbonize

Thanks!! Works perfectly!!

I guess that was the place I didn't look...

thanks again,

mastersmurfie
for what its worth...My mailerror log says:

2004 Jul 12 02:12:36 From address not in member domain. Message not sent.

I don't understand this...thought I changed all that I could...

where can I find the "from" address?????
JTD wrote:This is what it should look like in your admin/general options click the link to see screenshot. With your email addy ofcourse.
http://www.ravenprom.org/kull/email.jpg

JTD...I cannot see your pic...says "Page cannot be displayed"

EDIT: I can see it now...

if it's what I think it is, in my "admin/general options" I have the address that I want notifications emailed to...the address is "valid" as I can send email to it from other applications...
Hi all. I have searched and thought I found an answer to my problem, but, alas to no avail.

I seem to have a problem getting email notification that someone has signed my guestbook (Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1)

I have no problems with receiving the "Thank you" for signing the guestbook, but cannot figure out for the life of me what I need to change for the email notifications to be sent to me.

If it helps any, I'm on Yahoo...and I saw a post on here that talks about changing the address in the "add.class.php", but maybe this is not what I'm looking for...I changed this value, and still have no notification that the guestbook has been signed.

any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

mastersmurfie
Trevor,

THANKS!!! Works perfectly! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Now, I'm off to learn more about this PHP thing

mastersmurfie

Forum Index » Profile for mastersmurfie » Messages posted by mastersmurfie
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum