If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: PHil
Forum Index » Profile for PHil » Messages posted by PHil
yes it may be useful (the robot txt file) but im sure spammers have already cum up with ways to bypass those sorts of security fixes.

ahh well. i might give it 1 more try at redoing it.
Ok, i just went and rescrambled the numbers in verify.php and now there is 8 characters displaying when signing the guestbook, but.....
if u enter in the 8 which are displaying, it does not accept them, for some really odd reason.

have a go at posting a message in the guestbook...
http://alpha.virtualhosting.co.nz/~clowns4h/advguestbook/

thanks for your help.
Awesome. yeah i have wanted to do the include stuff for awhile.
I'm sure I could do it, but it will take a bit of time for me lol as I don't exactly know too much php.

ok the background image is going, thanks for that.

but with the images for the verfication...even tho it is only displaying 7, it wont accept them, it wants 8 characters entered in.
So is there someway I can change, so that it only accepts 7?
Or is there something I can change to make the 8th image to display.
lol yeah, for some reason wen trying to add a background image into the guestbook..it turned green, lol. Could you please tell me which template and where to put the link to my image so all my guestbook pages have an image as the background rather than a hex colour. thanks.

ok the real problem for me is...
wen signing the guestbook u know with the verification script its supposed to display 8 characters? well mine isn't displaying the last character.. so theres only 7 characters in the box.
hey carbonize.
ok ive uploaded it all onto the net now, and the images seem to be appearing..except for 1.

I redid the scripting like i said etc etc.

heres the link to check it out
http://alpha.virtualhosting.co.nz/~clowns4h/advguestbook/

Thanks for your help.
Hey.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions correctly, but I'll re-do it to make sure.

I have currently only have it on my own machine (virtual server), would this effect anything?

I will transfer it onto the net and as soon as I do, I will send you the link.

Thanks.
Hey Carbonize.

I have just installed your verification script into my guestbook and it seems to be ok (now errors or anything) except the verification code/image is not loading.

Do you know what I can do to fix this?
Thanks.
PHil.
Awesome.
Thanks a heap for clearing that it all up.

Phil.
Awesome, thanks Deb for that and thanks Carbonize for that also.

If you use a footer file for your site place the include code between the echo $gb_post->process; and the die();

Carbonize, if I did use a footer file on my site, which include code would I put between the echo?

I still don't quite understand the point of your statement, lol.
Sorry to be a hassle.

Thanks for your help.
Hey, I've begun to install your verify mod. but following thru the readme file, i have come across something....

If you use a footer file for your site place the include code between the echo $gb_post->process; and the die();

Find
function form_addguest() {
global $GB_PG, $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS;
Replace it with
global $GB_PG, $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS,$Vrand;

Find
function preview_entry() {
global $GB_PG;
Replace with
global $GB_PG,$Vrand;

Ok there's 2 things.
Firstly..

Could you please tell me the relivance of this? eg. What include code?

Secondly..I couldn't even find the following things in my addentry.php file:
Find
global $GB_PG, $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS;

AND
Find
global $GB_PG;

So what do I do?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
(just got round to registering)