If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Johncr
Forum Index » Profile for Johncr » Messages posted by Johncr
Hi Auron, Carbonize and all the gang. Long time not posting in this Forum; since 2004?

My site was hacked. MY FAULT! I was running ver 2.0.3 and they opened the door

I have compared the affected script ver 2.0.3 against the new 2.0.7 and the problem seems to be solved. What I´m not sure is whether the developer would like to see how they hacked my site or not. As far as I remember he never showed up.

Caveat Emptor for all users! Always update your scripts!

Cheers
John
Auron, actually mods 1, 2 and 3 are already implemented.
BTW, I didn't have enough time to fix the Graphics bug, so I figured out a workaround that partially fixed it.

at class_pgfx.php change 15 by 25:

It works much better although it is not a definitive solution. I wish I have more free time to figure out a more professional solution to fix that bug.

The bugged image: http://www.cartapacio.com/pie.jpg
As far as I know portuguese is included at /poll/lang/portuguese.php
Auron,
I almost forgot to let you and others know the Poll URL to see what I did.
Nowadays I'm very busy so have not too much time to monkey with the Poll code. However, there are more mods I wish to include.

Anyway, the main idea was 1. grouping the polls; 2. not allowing to display the poll results before the user votes; 3. allowing to post comments within the group.

Click the links on the menu, under "Opiniones":

Encuestas políticas (group 1)
Encuestas varias (group 2)
Encuestas Trivia (group 3)
Encuestas Todas <- (all of them)

Start here to display first group from 1 to 30:
http://www.peruprom.com/poll/encuesta-pol.php?plist_start=1&plist_end=30&poll_id=10

Please report bugs.

Cheers
That's what I wish to include in my page. Do you have any ideas?

I have a couple, one is to append a picture to the question and the other is to change the picture according to percentage. What I need is some spare time to hack the code.
I'll be glad to help with an idea or two.
In the mean time I'll try to fix the graphic bug and the refresh problem after writing a comment.
Hi,
I'm late. What I did is basically the following:

I call the script, let say you wish to display from poll 21 to poll 30, as follows:

poll.php calls the /* poll list */ this way:

I modified the function call view_poll_plist':

then after:

I added:

Remember to close with an additional '}'

Then I customized here and there.

As a result you can group your polls in one HTML page as I posted before: 1 to 20 dogs, 21 to 40 cats, 41 to 60 horses and so on. The main problem with this approach is the limitation that you can't insert polls so I use dummies and the hidden option to conceal them.

Auron, since the page is still closed to the public, just let me know if you wish to take a look (the page is in Spanish) and I will PM the URL. There are a couple of minor cosmetic problems but it is fully workable.
Anonymous wrote:So what did I do in error to cause this message?

Did your backup before doing mods?

Get the original file from the zipped package and compare.
Okay.
I spent a couple of hours modifying the code and now I can list from poll n to poll nn using online arguments like:

these arguments displays poll 10 to poll 20, plus poll 5 results and all the displayed links carry the same plist_start and plist_end to mintain the poll list within range.

So, now I can group my polls as needed, say 1 to 20 for sports, 21 to 30 for politics, 31 to 40 girls, and so on.

Next mod desired is to set aside poll blocks in order to create new polls at any poll_id. The workaround is creating hidden dummy polls.
Auron the one who posted that question before was me.

This is my code:

(have edited this post because I included the graphics and comments code and the problem regards to the poll list only.)

The problem is that poll.php accepts one argument and not a range.
The list code on top displays all 30 polls at once. What I wanna do is to call in batches of 10 polls each using three different links. Something like the following pseudo code:

/poll.php?poll_id=1 to 10
/poll.php?poll_id=11 to 20
/poll.php?poll_id=21 to 30

So that the called page displays a group of ten diferent links and not all at once. In other words, we can group polls so that polls 'n to n+10' or whatever figures you wish are displayed per page.
I couldn't replicate some errors, probably due to concurrency with other visistor(s) trying to read the same file. In one case I uploaded a file and tried to move it but dissapeared (it happened once). Anyway, click any mp3 file and you get some errors too.
Very nice... and vulnerable. I moved, killed, restored, unploaded some stuff and got some errors too. However, is it really useful to have such a vulnerable pseudo server? I can't envision any serious application for this code other than a php exercise.
Nope, it is not my math. I did enter the figures and the poll's algorith did the job, not me.
I would like to hear some comments on this.
Google is my best friend.

Forum Index » Profile for Johncr » Messages posted by Johncr
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum