If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: RShort
Forum Index » Profile for RShort » Messages posted by RShort
Carbonize,

I have added all you Spam and Human Verfication code fixes. They appear to stop most for the spam coming in. However, how hard would it be to add a new admin parameter that would first E-Mail me with the new Guestbook entry so I can decide whether or not it should be added. This would allow the admin user of the Guestbook to make a decission via E-Mail on all Guestbook entries before they are added. This would be nice if its possible.

Thanks
Robert
I have solved this issue. For those interested in using the Guestbook embedded within an html file and using FrontPage Themes. You must do the following since FrontPage will not let you execute files with .php extensions if using themes as your main menu navigation structure. Instead you must edit the .htaccess file on your web server and add the following line "AddType application/x-httpd-php php3 html". With this change you can now keep the file linked in your theme navigation as a .html file and just add the <?php include('index.php'); ?> line to your .html file where you want the Guestbook to be. The Web server will now execute the guestbook PHP code within the html file even though your extension is .html. Microsoft does not make things easy…
Thanks, I'm just going to use the index.php with some html code to link back to my home page since Frontpage Themes don't work properly with .php files in the navigation menu structure. I need to find out why probably from MS.
Carbonize, Thanks for the file, but I can already embed the PHP code into the html document and it works as I indicated. However, my problem is a little different in that if you embed the PHP code into an html document which contains FrontPage Theme tags (e.g. <meta name="Microsoft Theme" content="rs-wood-signs 1011, default"> and <meta name="Microsoft Border" content="tb"> it breaks the Theme menuing structure and it doesn’t work properly mainly I think because you have to rename the .html file to a .php extension in order for the GuestBook to work. Are you not familiar with FrontPage and how it uses Themes for custom menus? If I could execute the PHP code somehow without having to rename the file ext to .html it works. I’m I missing something here?

Is there anyone that has been successful in using the GuestBook code in a Webpage designed with MS FrontPage and a Theme?

Thanks…
Question, I’ve installed the latest Guestbook unto my Server and it works great using a direct link via the index.php on my site. However, Since I’m using FrontPage with a Theme I wanted to embedded the Guestbook within an html file that contains Theme content. However, the Theme on the Webpage does not work correctly if I use carbonize’s header method (ie. http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3460 ) and rename the .htm file to .php file. For some reason FrontPage requires the webpage file to have a .html extension before the Theme will work correctly. I also tried FatJack's approach (ie. http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3921 )
where I embedded the index.php code into a new version of index.php file, but that doesn’t work properly either. Has anyone been able to embed the Guestbook within an html file using FrontPage with a Theme that could maybe provide some help and/or an example?

I’m fresh out of ideas now, so I hope someone can kindly assist so I can use this great Guestbook on my site.

Thanks,
Robert

Forum Index » Profile for RShort » Messages posted by RShort
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum