If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: nuka
Forum Index » Profile for nuka » Messages posted by nuka
HarvJH wrote:I have been trying for hours to put the advanced guestbook on my website.
Can someone please tell me how to put it on to my website.

Thanks

Hello Harv,
All you have to do is to first go to your cpanel & then to cgi. After that click on advanced guestbook & install it as the instructions describe. After it is installed you will see the link to your guestbook. Now copy that link to a safe place on your computer. Now all you have to do is add that same link you just copied to your website, for example on your index.html page:

<a href="http://yourwebsite.com/harvsguestbook">Guestbook</a>

You will then have to add a link to your guestbook on each page of your website that you want people to see.

I hope that helped you

Kind Regards,
nuka
Carbonize wrote:Ok I have come to a decision so I thought I better make it public. I am currently working on Advanced Guestbook 2.4 and a smart installer to add extra fields and options, fix exploits and bring some of the code upto date. My decision is this, after I release Advanced Guestbook 2.4 I will not be working on the Advanced Guestbook anymore in any way shape nor form except to fix any possible bugs I put in 2.4. This means I will not be writing any more modifications nor patching exploits unless I made the exploit possible. While I work on the Advanced Guestbook I will never get the credit for it as I am just building on anothers work. So instead I will be starting work on my own guestbook which I admit will be heavily influenced by the Advanced Guestbook. I doubt I will be adding AGcode nor image uploading. I will be trying to add a lot of the functionality that has been requested in these forums though. Anti Spam will be high in my list of priorities along with ease of fitting it into a website. If you have any ideas for what you would like to see in a guestbook then feel free to post them in the forum on my site. Once I start work I will, in all probability, be leaving this forum as I am fed up of the lack of moderation and the lack of input from the webmaster.

Hi Carbonize,
I am new to this forum,just signed up but over the last days I have been reading some of your posts & have came to the conclusion that you are a very helpful person to have in this forum & think the webmaster should realize that. I totally agree with your feelings in the above post & hope you don't leave but if you do also hope you will make maybe your own forum because from what I have read a lot of people need your help on different issues including myself lol. I wrote you an email a few days ago before I knew this forum existed & have resolved the problem I had with the advanced guestbook... well at least one of them. In the new guestbook you are making I would like to see it made in such a way that you can upload pictures & the way the guestbook looks can be edited without a lot of trouble to fit the persons website. I was never clear on editing advanced guestbook 2.3.1 because no one has said to edit a certain guestbook file it must first be downloaded to your computer etc. I did manage to edit mine by making the html page I wanted for the header & then naming it header.php & finnally uploading it to my server & overwriting the old file. Anyway I have added you to my msn contacts & hope thats ok & wish you well.

Kind Regards,
nuka

Forum Index » Profile for nuka » Messages posted by nuka
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum