If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: mcpalmer
Forum Index » Profile for mcpalmer » Messages posted by mcpalmer
thanks, i got it to work ok by just removing the footer and modifying success.php. I tried adding a modified header template and using this along with the standard footer but this did not work - the new template was not recognized i don't think - i added it to the templates in config.inc.php but it still did not work. oh well, its no big deal
ok thanks, do you know where the code is that puts this page together? somewhere, this template is called by a function or page or both, along with the footer.php page. If i knew where this page was i should be able to modify it to include the header.php template which should solve my little layout problem
Hi, I've got a problem. I checked stickys and couldn't find any solution so i'm having a fresh ask. I've integrated a header and footer into the guestbook index page, using the appropriate templates as recommended by Carbonize and all is fine except when a new guestbook entry is submitted. A temporary confirmation message pops up saying words similar to "guestbook entry has been added, we will now direct you back to guestbook". This page is messed up - there is no header info on it and because of this the footer is skewed to one side.

All this is happening from addentry.php and i tried sniffing about the code but i'm a novice at php and can't get anywhere. I can't find the part of the code that deals with the confirmation page I@m having problems with. Can anyone direct me to it, and or suggest any ways to fix this problem?
ah ok, i didn't realise this. thats good then. Is this a new feature? An aquaintance has a guestbook set up with full email displayed - so does that mean he's got an old version of the guestbook? i'd better tell him
Hi, i've just installed guestbook 2.3.2 and its great! excellent code and excelent resource for learning more about php. But I've encountered a problem with displaying emails that users have input when signing the guest book. Emails are coming up like this -

info(at)blah(dot)co(dot)uk

- to the left of a record. How can i replace the bracket info with the actual symbols?

Forum Index » Profile for mcpalmer » Messages posted by mcpalmer
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum