If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: akira
Forum Index » Profile for akira » Messages posted by akira
I am currently setting up Wordpress and would like to place a counter in it. There are many plugins but all require a database in SQL. I like this Daily Counter more because the data is written into text file.

I tried placing

in header.php and

in footer.php but when viewing tha page, it only show Total Visits: without the counter.

Any help wouold be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
mine was turn off but someone is able to post html link in my guestbook

any idea why?
mine if 2.3.2 now. So should I just replace the following files without doing anything else :
- install.php
- lib/add.class.php
- templates/form.php

Do I need to update the SQL database? Do I need to run Install.php?

Please advice. Thanks.
May I know how to put a link when signing up guestbook?
I tried <a href.....>, [url], direct input of http://..... but all unsuccessful

Pls advice. Thanks
Thank you very much.

I think those website with many visitors may not notice this problem. For mine, it's hardly reach 10 visitors per day.

If it is really take time, it's OK. I dont want to trouble you much on this minor defect. +10 is not big deal for me.

Thanks for all the help, Carbonize.
It happen again on 4th day .

It change to one on next day, then it jumps to 12 when a 2nd visitor visited the site.

Maybe this is difficult to solve and I think I have to leave with it having + 10 from 2nd visitor onwards.

If anyone have a solution, I am happy to test it.

Thanks.
After testing for 2 days, it seems to work.

It reset to 1 at midnight and the number no longer jump +10 or whatsover.

Thanks for the tips. Thank You.
OK, will test it out at post back later.

Thank you very much for the help.
Yes
Sorry, It should be "It would sometime changed to 1" but not all the time. But eventhough it change to 1, it will suddently jump to + 10.

Sorry for the typo
Yes, the offset is currently set as 0. Whenever I check the visitors.php log and it show the time correctly.

The problem is, at midnight it will changed to 1, then i uses another ip to visit the site and it suddently jump to 12 instead of 2. I am sure at that time there is no one else visited the by site.

Please advice and thanks for your help.
Still no one would help. Pleaseee ..... If you have ET's fix, please share.

Thanks a million
open counter.class.php and find Code:
$first_row = chop(fgets($fp, 4096));

Replace that with Code:
$first_row = strtok(fgets($fp, 4096), "\n");

It doesn't work. Anyone can provide the code modified by ET? I think many members here should have a copy.

Thanks.
Thanks, Will test it out.

Will inform whether this solve the issue or not.
Why no one help us?

Anyone here please? Thanks a million in advance.

Forum Index » Profile for akira » Messages posted by akira
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum